In the context of the automotive industry, massproduced component parts and assemblies must not only feature a whole spectrum of material properties but also meet demanding production requirements. First and foremost, they must be resistant to corrosion, manufacturable by a single-stage process without any need for subsequent finishing, exceedingly strong and light in weight. Parts injection moulded from long glass fibre-reinforced thermoplastics have enormous potential for such innovative solutions. ENGEL fibermelt is the technology on which the production of such highstrength parts is based.
ENGEL offers its fibermelt processing technology in conjunction with its ENGEL duo range of largecapacity injection moulding machines. These machines are offered with a number of standard and special options. The nucleus of the fibermelt injection moulding system is the specially developed ENGEL fibermelt plasticizing unit.
Particularly suitable for geometrically complex parts with many apertures and the ENGEL processing know-how minimizes damage tothe fibres
The ENGEL fibermelt equipment package.
Basis: ENGEL DUO series of injection moulding machines with two-platen clamping system
Technology module: ENGEL fibermelt injection unit
- fibermelt screw featuring optimized geometry (available in diameters from 90 mm upwards)
- Plasticizing cylinder with L/D ratio of 25:1 for gentle plasticizing action
- Electric screw drive for parallel metering (optional)
- Weigh feeding unit for glass fibre concentrates (optional)
- Screws and non-return valves from the ENGEL Marathon product range